The following quiz has been very kindly donated by Ian Eldridge from the Bishopsford Road Social Club. Many thanks Ian for your great contribution.
1. What did the German physicist Wilhelm Röntgen discover?
2. Give the name for a piece of furniture that conveniently folds away and is useful when putting up an unexpected overnight guest.-
3. Of which former country was Kinshasa the capital?
4. Which pop group had their biggest hit with "The only way is up" in 1988?
5. Who fought the British at Rorke’s Drift?
6. What is the longest river in Asia?
7. A Japanese school of Mahayana Buddhism emphasizing the value of meditation and intuition rather than ritual worship or study of scriptures or The name of the ship's computer on Blakes 7. -
8. What is the name of the skullcap worn by Jewish males at prayer or on some ceremonial occasions?
9. What is the westernmost and smallest of Canada's three federal territories bordering Alaska?
10. Name a chemical element, present in air and number 54 in the periodic table?
4. Yazz & The Plastic Population
6. Yangtze ( 6300 km)not the Yellow river which is only 5464km
8. Yamulka or yarmulka