The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. In which 1992 film did Whitney Houston play a singer called Rachel Marron?
2. Which film character do the Japanese call "Mr. Kissy Kissy Bang Bang"?
3. In "Star Trek", what is the nickname of Dr McCoy?
4. Singer Alison Clarkson had hit records using what name?
5. What is the state capital of Massachusetts?
6. By what nickname was criminal Albert De Salvo better known?
7. Which battle of 1485 was the last in the War of the Roses?
8. What is the name given to someone who studies plants?
9. In which English city is "One Foot In The Grave" set?
10. In music, who has sometimes been called the "thin white duke"?
11. By what name is St. Stephens Day better known?
12. Which boy band released the 1999 album "By Request"?
13. Who became the only racing driver to win the World Championship by driving his own car when he did so in 1966?
14. In which British city is the National Museum of Photography? Bradford
15. Which three South American countries does the Equator cross?
16. Geri Halliwell's single "It's Raining Men" featured on the soundtrack to what film?
17. What is the name of the land of giants in the book "Gulliver's Travels"?
18. Which five districts make up New York?
19. Which actor has appeared in the films "Mrs Doubtfire", "The Lawnmower Man" and "Mars Attacks"?
20. Which Dire Straits album was the bestselling album in the UK in the 1980s?
21. As of 2001, who is the only player to have captained winning Scottish and English FA Cup teams?
22. What famous building did John Nash rebuild in 1825?
23. By what name is Gautama Siddhartha better known?
24. What was the name of the helicopter written about by Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York?
25. In which film did Jodie Foster play a character called "Tallulah"?
26. What animals head did a Minotaur have?
27. What was the name of the horse in the film "Toy Story 2"?
28. What does the B in IBM stand for?
29. What is a sculpture of the upper part of a person, usually including the head and shoulders called?
30. White Admiral and Camberwell Beauty are different types of what creature?
1. The Bodyguard
2. Bond James
4. Boo Betty
6. Boston Strangler
7. Bosworth Field
10. Bowie David
11. Boxing Day
13. Brabham Jack
15. Brazil, Colombia and Ecuador
16. "Bridget Jones' Diary"
18. Bronx Brooklyn, Manhattan, Richmond and Queens
19. Brosnan Pierce
20. Brothers In Arms
21. Buchan Martin
22. Buckingham Palace
25. Bugsy Malone
26. A bull's
28. International Business Machines