The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Who was the female star of the original King Kong film, which premiered today in 1933?
2. Archeologist Howard Carter died today in 1939, what was his most famous discovery?
3. The man who invented The Grinch and the Cat in the Hat was born today in 1904, who was he?
4. Born today in 1917, who was Desi Arnaz?s first wife?
5. Karen Carpenter would have been 57 today, what was her brother?s name?
6. From which country did Morocco declare its independence today in 1956?
7. Dusty Springfield passed away today in 1999, what was her only UK number one hit?
8. Nick Leeson was arrested today in 1995, which bank?s collapse did his rouge trading bring about?
9. Who was elected leader of The Liberal Democrats two years ago today (2008)?
10. How old is Mikhail Gorbachev today (2008)?
1. Fay Wray
2. Tutankhamun?s Tomb
3. Dr. Seuss
4. Lucille Ball
7. You don?t have to say you love me
9. Meng Campbell