1. What name is given to a clear soup with thin strips of vegetables?
2. What is the head waiter at a French restaurant called?
3. How is a herring turned into a kipper?
4. How is a drink served when it is described as Frappe?
5. What is a sorbet?
6. Coquille St Jaques is a fancy name for what?
7. Which US state exports the most wine?
8. In which country would you expect to be served a yoghurt-based starter called 'tzatziki'?
9. Which type of rice should be used to make the italian dish risotto?
10. What part of a wine bottle is the punt?
11. What drink did Dom Perignon invent?
12. What are dried plums called
13. Which spirit is fermented and distilled from sugar cane?
14. What gives pasta its green colour?
15. What is the other name for a ground nut or a peanut?
16. What is the salted roe of a sturgeon called?
17. Who was the roman god of wine?
18. Which cereal is the only one grown standing in water?
19. Of what is bonito a variety?
20. Where were the first European coffee houses opened?
21. Ireland, the UK and Turkey rank first, second and third in the world in the consumption of what?
2. Maitre d' or maitre d' hotel
3. Soaked (in brine) & smoked (over an oak fire)
4. With finely crushed ice
5. A water ice
9. Arborio (or vialone)
10. The indentation in the base
15. Monkey Nut