1. In film, when does the train arrive in Hadleyville?
2. What was the name of Freddie Laker's no frills bring your own lunch service between Gatwick and JFK airports?
3. How did William Huskisson make headlines in September 1830?
4. Who sang "I'm a train I'm a train I'm a chook a train"?
5. Who was the leading actor in each of the following 'train' films?
a. North by Northwest
b. Von Ryan's Express
c. The Train
d. The General
e. Breakheart Pass
f. The Cassandra Crossing
6. What is the rail destination in the song 'King of the Road'?
7. Measured in the amount of passengers, the two busiest railway stations in the world are both found in which city?
8. What is the next word in this famous poem about a rail disaster?
Beautiful railway bridge on the silv'ry ...
9. The French high speed trains are called TGV's. What do the letters TGV stand for?
10. The following words are from which 'train' songs?
a. I aint got time to take a fast train
b. Choo Choo Choo Choo, I feel so good today
c. Take the train from Casablanca going south
d. Fie Fi Fiddly i o
e. We'll have time for coffee flavoured kisses
f. It was 9 29
g. I serve on the Danville train
h. A chug a chug
i. Well the train I ride on is 100 coaches long, you can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles
j. Yeah, the train left the station, it had two lights on behind
k. In the shuffling madness
l. Dinner in the diner, nothing could be finer than to have your ham and eggs in Baltimore
m. There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run
2. Sky Train
3. Officially the first passenger to die in a rail accident
4. Albert Hammond
5. Six Answers
a. Cary Grant
b. Frank Sinatra
c. Burt Lancaster
d. Buster Keaton
e. Charles Bronson
f. Richard Harris
6. Third boxcar, midnight train, destination Bangor Maine.
7. Tokyo (Shinjuku and Ikebukuro)
8. Tay (The Tay Bridge Disaster from William McGonagall)
9. Train a Grande Vitesse
10. Thirteen Answers
a. The Letter (Box Tops)
b. The Little Engine that could (John Denver)
c. Marrakesh Express (CSN)
d. I've been working on the railroad
e. Last train to Clarksville (Monkees)
f. Last train to London (ELO)
g. The night they drove Old Dixie down (The Band)
h. Loco Motion (Little Eva)
i. Nine Hundred Miles (Woody Guthrie)
j. Love in Vain (Rolling Stones)
k. Locomotive Breath (Jethro Tull)
l. Chattanooga Choo Choo (Glen Miller)
m. Canadian Railroad Trilogy (Gordon Lightfoot)