Nine Questions, the first letter to the answer of each of the first nine answers make up an anagram to the clue in question ten.
1. What name is given to the lower tidal part of a river?
2. What was the surname of the American inventor who patented the sewing machine?
3. Saint who is the patron saint of children?
4. What was the name of the Roman slave who removed a thorn from a lion's paw?
5. Which plant's name means "Noble White", and is also the title of a song from "The Sound of Music"?
6. Whose tomb was discovered near Luxor in 1922?
7. What is the name of the Elizabethan mansion and Safari Park near Warminster (Wiltshire)?
8. On which American river is the Boulder Dam?
9. What distinctive name is given to the building at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?
10. Anagram Clue : NOT and old fortress.
9. White House