Connections Quiz 41
The following quiz round was submitted by Mike Parker from the UK.
Monday night is quiz night at The Cavalier, 67 Russell Lane, London N20 0BB.
Many thanks again Mike, another great connections round!
1. Of the 26 men who have won the Olympic 100m in athletics, fifteen have shared the same nationality. What nationality?
2. Who, along with Bill Oddie, co-presented the BBC's Autumnwatch?
3. What was the name of William Wordsworth?s Lake District home?
4. Which gourd-like squash is commonly used during autumn time to make lanterns?
5. Which glam rock band of the 70?s was best known for the song ?Tiger Feet?
6. Who played the roles of Jerry and Daphne in the film ?Some Like it Hot??
7. Who had hits in the 80?s with ?Caribbean Queen? and "When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going"?
8. Havarti and Monterey jack are both varieties of which type of food?
9. Name the record label founded by The Beatles in 1968?
10. And the connection is?
1. American (American Pie)
2. Kate Humble (Humble Pie)
3. Dove Cottage (Cottage Pie)
4. Pumpkin (Pumpkin Pie)
5. Mud (Mud Pie)
6. Jack Lemmon (Lemon Pie)
7. Billy Ocean (Ocean Pie)
8. Cheese (Cheese Pie)
9. Apple (Apple Pie)
10. They are all kinds of pie.