The following quiz round was submitted by Martin Stevens from the UK. Many thanks Martin, a great job!
Martin presents his quiz at the Rose and Crown, Dunton Green, Kent every Wednesday
1. Which character did actor James Beck play in the TV series Dad's Army?
2. Who is 111'6" tall with a waistline of 35'? She weighs 225 tons and is 123 years old
3. Which apostle was the brother of St John? He is the patron saint of Spain as well as vets, equestrians, furriers, tanners and pharmacists.
4. Which novel by Jane Austen is the story of the 5 Bennett sisters living in Georgian England?
5. Which author wrote "The Call of the Wild" and "White Fang"?
6. Which BBC radio service was renamed to Radio 4 in September 1967?
7. Which American actor is the toy-boy husband of Demi Moore?
8. What was Ike and Tina Turner's last UK hit single, reaching number 4 in 1973? It was rerecorded by Tina Turner in 1991 but only managed to reach No. 23.
9. Which actress, born in Jerusalem, played Queen Amidala in the Star Wars prequels?
10. What is the connection?
1. Pte Walker
2. Statue of Liberty
3. St. James
4. Pride and Prejudice
5. Jack London
6. Home Service
7. Ashton Kutcher
8. Nutbush City Limits
9. Natalie Portman
10. They are all Championship football grounds (2009 - 2010).
Walker Stadium Leicester City,
Liberty Stadium Swansea,
St James Park Newcastle,
Pride Park Derby County,
London Road Peterborough Utd,
Home Park Plymouth Argyle,
Ashton Gate Bristol City,
City Ground Nottm Forest,
Portman Road Ipswich Town.