The following quiz round was submitted by Nick Burns from Kalkan in Turkey. Nick presents his "Kalkan Quiz Nights" at Parc Kalkan on a Tuesday night. Many thanks Nick, a great round.
1. What was destroyed by fire in Hong Kong harbour in 1972, during major restorations?
2. In the 1970s, which brand of beer was said to 'work wonders'?
3. What was the name of the character played by Humphrey Bogart in the 1941 film adaptation of Dashiell Hammett's 'The Maltese Falcon'?
4. Whose daughters were called Regan, Goneril and Cordelia?
5. What is the name of the British comedy actor famed for his roles as Owen in the Vicar of Dibley and Colin Ball in Only Fools and Horses
6. Sam Neill played the title role in which 1983 TV drama series?
7. Which American author wrote the novels 'White Fang' and 'The Call of the Wild'?
8. Which song was a no.1 hit in 1990 for the Steve Miller Band after it was used in a Levi Jeans commercial?
9. The film Apocalypse Now was based on which Joseph Conrad novel?
10. Which 1963 R&B song, written by duo Bob and Earl, has been covered by Booker T and the MGs and, in 1986, the Rolling Stones?
And the connection?
1. RMS QUEEN ELIZABETH
2. DOUBLE DIAMOND
3. SAM SPADE
4. KING LEAR
5. ROGER LLOYD PACK
6. REILLY, ACE OF SPIES
7. JACK LONDON
8. THE JOKER
9. HEART OF DARKNESS
10. HARLEM SHUFFLE
Connection: Playing Cards