1. Which war took place between 1853-1856?
2. Who was the first man to fly the English Channel?
3. Which video cassette system, introduced in the 1970s, couldn?t compete with the VHS and disappeared?
4. In which month was President Kennedy assassinated?
5. Apart from being a baker, what is Thomas Farynor famous for?
6. In the UK in which decade were l-platesmade compulsory for all learner drivers?
7. What was the name of the tanker that suffered a severe oil spill in Alaska in 1989?
8. In the US civil war did Britain support the confederacy or the union?
9. Name the famous bear who celebrated his 75th birthday in October 2001?
10. Liverpool airport was renamed in honour of which famous son of the city?
11. How many wives did Henry VIII have?
12. Who was the first president of the USA?
13. The invasion of which country led to the outbreak of World War II?
14. Which French heroine was burned at the stake having been tried for witchcraft?
15. Which English admiral won the battle of Trafalgar?
16. What year did the Titanic sink?
17. Which French statesman crowned himself emperor in 1804?
18. Who was Spain's dictator until his death in 1975?
19. Which admiral organised the German navy of World War I?
20. Which civil rights leader was shot dead in Memphis in 1968?
1. Crimean war
2. Louis Bleriot
5. The man who started the great fire of London
7. Exxon Valdez
9. Winnie the Pooh
10. John Lennon
12. George Washington
14. Joan of arc
15. Horatio Nelson
18. Francisco Franco
20. Martin Luther king jr