The following calendar quiz round was submitted by Mike Parker from the UK. Many thanks again Mike, great job!
Monday night is quiz night at The Cavalier, 67 Russell Lane, London N20 0BB.
1. Born on this day in 1966, who was the last Swede to win the Mens Singles at Wimbledon?
2. Dolly Parton was born on this day in 1946. What is the name of her theme park in Tennessee?
3. Which snooker player, famous for his spectacles, was born on this day in 1949?
4. Michael Crawford was born on this day in 1942. What was the name of his character and his wife?s character in the sitcom ?Some Mother?s Do ?Ave Em??
5. Born on this day in 1940, who played the role of Frank Butcher in Eastenders?
6. The American author and poet, writer of ?Murders In the Rue Morgue? was born today in 1809. Name him.
7. King Louis of France was sentenced to death on this day in 1793 but which number Louis was it?
8. German aircraft bombed London for the first time on this day but what was the year?
9. Post-Impressionist painter Paul Cezanne was born on this day in 1839. What nationality was he?
10. The SI unit of power, equivalent to one Joule per second, is named after a Scottish Inventor who was born on this day in 1736? What is the SI unit of power?
1. Stefan Edberg
3. Dennis Taylor
4. Frank and Betty Spencer
5. Mike Reid
6. Edgar Allan Poe
7. Louis the Sixteenth
8. 1915 (the aircraft were Zeppelin airships)
10. Watt is the SI unit of power