The following quiz round was submitted by Ted Smith from the UK. Many thanks Ted, a great idea.
The idea is that all the answers to the following questions follow each other in alphabetical order.
1. In Softly Softly, what were the names of the 2 main characters?
2. Who played Nurse Gladys Emmanuel in Open All Hours?
3. What British city has a Royal Crescent of 114 Ionic columns?
4. Who was King Solomon's mother?
5. What is the state capital of Louisiana?
6. What Scots comedian is famous for his many disguises?
7. What famous tapestry depicts the Norman Conquest?
8. Who was the male star of the film Shampoo?
9. What were the Christian names of the Dukes of Hazzard?
10. What is Canada's national animal?
11. Which German composer: 1770-1827?
12. What capital city lies at the junction of the rivers Sava and Danube?
13. What plant is named after Italian for Beautiful Lady?
14. What was the family name in Upstairs Downstairs?
15. What is a campanologist's pastime?
16. Who wrote Jaws?
17. Who played Shelley, the university drop-out?
18. What actress made debut in 1938 film Intermezzo?
19. In which county is Windsor Castle?
20. Who wrote the song White Christmas?
21. Who escaped from Wandsworth prison in 1965?
22. What was the nickname of convict Robert F Stroud?
23. Marie Stopes was an early advocate of what?
24. Who hosted the first Radio 1 programme?
25. What name is given to Usher of the Upper Chamber of Parliament?
1. Barlow & Watt
2. Linda Barron
5. Baton Rouge
6. Stanley Baxter
7. Bayeux Tapestry
8. Warren Beatty
9. Beau & Luke
16. Peter Benchley
17. Hywell Bennett
18. Ingrid Bergman
20. Irving Berlin
21. Ronald Biggs
22. Birdman of Alcatraz
23. Birth Control
24. Tony Blackburn
25. Black Rod