The following quiz round was submitted by RUSS HEMMINGS from the UK.
CAN YOU NAME THE GROUP BY THE CLUE PROVIDED TO HOW THEY GOT THEIR NAME.
Many thanks RUSS, great job!
1. Which group took their name because they were all huge Manchester United supporters?
2. Which group took their name from a character in the film Barbarella?
3. Which rock group took their name from a strict teacher at their school Mr. Skinner?
4. Which group took their name from the road where they lived?
5. Which group were named after characters in Tin Tin?
6. Which group took their name from a lesbian sexual position?
7. Which group took their name from a Vulcan friend of Mr. Spock in star trek?
8. Which group took their name from a sleep pattern?
9. Which group took their name from a cramped bedsit which they shared?
10. Which group took its name from a us military aircraft
1. Simply red
2. Duran Duran
3. Lynard skynyrd (after Leonard skinner)
4. All saints
5. The Thompson Twins
6. The Scissor Sisters
9. Crowded house
10. The b-52's (or U2 if one is feeling generous)