Initial letters of well known phrases or sayings
The following quiz round was submitted by Bernie Gallagher. Many thanks Bernie, a nice round
1) O.T.R. - to be told privately or confidentially?
2) F.O.T.H. - to become angry or lose your temper?
3) T.T.M. - to poke fun at or ridicule?
4) P.A.F.O. - to con or trick someone?
5) K.F.S. - to be dumbfounded or taken aback?
6) P.Y.N.I. - to pry or butt in to something?
7) T.T.K. - to get married?
8) G.F.F. - to share or split the difference?
9) T.Y.B. - to economize or watch the pennies?
10) D.A.R. - to skedaddle or leave quickly?
- Off the record
- Fly off the handle
- Take the mickey
- Pull a fast one
- Knocked for six
- Poke your nose in
- Tie the knot
- Go fifty fifty
- Tighten your belt
- Do a runner