1. In which film can one find the horses Altair, Antares, Aldebaran and Rigel?
2. Where did the following ships sink:
a: USS Arizona
b: HMS Bounty
c: Rainbow Warrior
d: The Mary Rose
e: Admiral Graf Spee?
3. The crossing of which river started a civil war? Seven letters and the last is an 'N'.
4. HANG SENG and KOSPI are both examples of what?
5. Groomlake, Roswell, and Area 51 "can be found" in which US state?
6. A mega-city is a city with more than ten million inhabitants per 50 square kilometer. Name the nine largest mega-cities in the world after Tokyo, which is the largest.
7. What is unusual about Kopi Luwak coffee?
8. Which two countries share the longest border in the world, around 6,400km?
9. Who was the first boxer to defeat Muhammad Ali?
10. The following words are the first words to which famous songs:
a: "Got onboard a westbound 7 47"
b: "There she stood in the street"
c: "I don't care if monday's blue"
d: "She was afraid to come out of the locker"
1. Ben Hur
2. Five Answers;
a: Pearl Harbour,
b: Pitcaern Islands in the South Pacific,
c: Aukland New Zealand,
d: Portsmouth UK,
e: River Plate estuary, near Uraguay, South Atlantic
4. Stock exchanges - Hong Kong and South Korean
6. The nine mega-cities in reverse order by size are:
Mexico City, Mexico (24,340,000)
Seoul, South Korea (23,100,000)
New York City, USA (21,800,000)
Mumbai (Bombay), India (21,100,000)
Delhi, India (20,800,000)
Sao Paulo, Brazil (20,300,000)
Shanghai, China (18,600,000)
Los Angeles, USA (17,900,000)
Jakarta, Indonesia (16,900,000)
7. Kopi Luwak is coffee made from coffee cherries which have been eaten by and passed through the digestive tract of the Asian Palm Civet. The animals gorge on the ripe berries, and excrete partially-digested beans in their feces, which are then harvested for sale.
8. Canada and the USA
9. Joe Frasier
10. Four Answer
a: It Never Rains In Southern California,
b: All Right Now,
c: Friday I'm In Love,
d: Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini