The following quiz was submitted by Alan MacDonald from the UK. Alan presents his quiz on the last Wednesday of the month at the 3 Horseshoes pub in Bubbenhall, near Coventry UK. Many thanks Alan, a really great round.
Two six-letter words in each answer, one letter is changed in the second answer to solve the cryptic clues.
1. Courteous detectives perhaps
2. Think about your food then add condiments
3. Take a fall during a gang-fight
4. A psychiatrist finds himself in a holy place
5. Lose your nerve before a big fight
6. Give an ant a disease
7. An Eastern ruler with a healthy glow )
8. Feel a bit shook-up about having a black eye
9. Got into a scrap over nothing at all
10. Haggle over price with an ex-US President