1. The price of amber increased 10 fold after the release of which 1993 film?
2. In literature; Pemberley, Tara and Manderley are all examples of what?
3. Influenced by the Latin word for "iron", what is the name of the metal sleeve on a pencil that holds the eraser in place?
4. The following is a list of actresses and the role they played which earned them the Academy Award for Best Actress. Can you name the film? One point for each correct answer.
a. Louise Fletcher (Nurse Mildred Ratched)
b. Reese Witherspoon (June Carter)
c. Kathy Bates (Annie Wilkes)
d. Audrey Hepburn (Princess Ann)
e. Nicole Kidman (Virginia Woolf)
5. In total, how many different card combinations are possible after the 'Flop' has been dealt in Texas Holdem poker?
a. 960 b. 1,960 c. 19,600 d. 190,600
6. What did the members of the early 20th century movement or school known as 'Fauvism' do for a living?
7. Which Mr. and Mrs. live at number four Privet Drive?
8. Which 1975 pop song is the biggest selling palindromic song title ever? (3 letters)
9. Which title do 'You' share with, amongst others; Queen Elizabeth II, Adolf Hitler, Pope John XXIII, Mahatma Gandhi and Joseph Stalin?
10. What is the name of the Nike corporate trademark?
11. The following was a movie poster tag line from which 1982 science fiction horror film?
"Man is the warmest place to hide."
12. What are the two most populated cities in Sweden?
13. 2013 is the first year since 1987 in which there are no what?
14. Which American film director with the initials G. A. R. is nicknamed the "Godfather of Zombies"?
15. What is the largest land mammal in South America?
a. Hoffman's Two-toed Sloth b. Jaguar c. Screaming Hairy Armadillo d. Baird's Tapir
16. Lisbeth Salander is the unusual heroine in which 2011 film?
17. What is the official national fruit in each of the following countries? One point for each correct answer.
18. Which kind of dance style is mentioned in the Queen song 'Bohemian Rhapsody'?
19. Which fictional Mr. had the rare blood type T-negative?
1. Jurassic Park
2. Estates (Pemberley is the estate in 'Pride and Prejudice', Tara 'Gone With the Wind', Manderley 'Rebecca')
4. Five answers.
a. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
b. Walk The Line
d. Roman Holiday
e. The Hours
5. Answer c. 19,600
6. Painters (artists)
7. Mr. and Mrs. Dursley (Harry Potter)
8. S. O. S. (ABBA)
9. TIME magazine's 'Person of the Year' (In 2006 "You" were the Time Person of the Year)
11. The Thing
12. Two answers. Stockholm and Gothenburg
13. No repeating digits
14. George A. Romero
15. Answer d. Baird's Tapir
16. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
17. Three answers.
18. Fandango ("Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the fandango?")
20. Kingdom of Eswatini