1. The name of which country is the Spanish word for "ancient"?
2. Aaron Cross was the central character in which 2012 action film?
3. What kind of river was a number one hit song for Christie in 1970?
4. Name the only two countries in mainland South America that still drive on the left hand side. One point for each correct answer.
5. What is the collective noun for tarot cards? Six letters, first letter 'A'.
6. Common Jezebel, Painted Lady, Lime, Speckled Wood, Karner Blue, Duke of Burgundy, Plum Judy and Mallow Skipper are all examples of what?
7. Name the film in which John Travolta played each of the following characters. One point for each correct answer.
a. Danny Zuko
b. Vincent Vega
c. Chili Palmer
d. George Malley
e. Tony Manero
8. In 2010, Magnus Carlsen became the youngest ever number one ranked player in what?
9. Which two countries that start with the letter 'S' have a capital city that is the same name as that of the country?
10. The following are all the first words to songs with the word 'Yellow' somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. They paved paradise
b. Dreamed I was an Eskimo
c. When are you going to come down
d. I'm just mad about saffron
e. So long boy you can take my place
f. In the town
11. Since 2004, 'Spirit in Motion' has been the motto for what?
12. Which six countries in the world produce the most cars? One point for each correct answer.
13. Carre, Orphans, Cheval and En Plein (pronounced 'n plane') are all terms used in which game?
14. Name the only two Asian UN Secretary Generals. One point for each correct answer.
15. The movie poster tag line for which 1980 film was "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."?
16. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the first recorded usage of the term 'Cold war' is attributed to which man?
a. John le Carre b. H. G. Wells c. Winston Churchill d. George Orwell
17. Which one of the following is not a grape variety used to make red wine?
a. Semillon b. Zinfandel c. Syrah (Shiraz) d. Barbera
18. The name of which artistic style translated means "rough or imperfect pearl"?
19. The name of the famous war horse ridden by the Duke of Wellington during the Battle of Waterloo is also a capital city in Europe. What was the name of the horse?
20. What is the name given to the type of beer brewed by monks in Belgium?
2. Bourne Legacy
3. Yellow River
4. Two answers. Suriname and Guyana
7. Five answers.
b. Pulp Fiction
c. Get Shorty (or Be Cool)
e. Saturday Night Fever (or Staying Alive)
9. Two answers. San Marino and Singapore
10. Six answers.
a. Big Yellow Taxi (Joni Mitchell)
b. Don't Eat The Yellow Snow (Frank Zappa)
c. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (Elton John)
d. Mellow Yellow (Donovan)
e. Yellow River (Christie)
f. Yellow Submarine (Beatles)
12. Six answers. In order; China, USA, Japan, Germany, South Korea and India.
14. Two answers. Ban Ki Moon and U Thant
15. The Shining
16. Answer d. George Orwell
17. Answer a. Semillon