1. "For Anyone Who Ever Wished Upon A Star" was the movie poster tag line for which popular 1940 film?
2. When translated, the name of which toy is a combination of the words 'egg' and 'watch'?
3. Which troubled fictional character lives and works in and around the small town of Ystad?
4. What are the names of the five men Paul Simon gives advice to in his song '50 Ways To Leave Your Lover'? One point for each correct name.
5. The name for which letter in the Greek alphabet means "small o"?
6. Lon Chaney Sr., Charles Laughton, Anthony Quinn and Anthony Hopkins have all played the role of which tragic orphan in film?
7. Which two film titles from the spaghetti western maestro Sergio Leone began with the words "Once upon a time"? One point for each correct answer.
8. TA (pronounced "T" "A"), TD, TF, A and B are some famous models of what?
9. What were the first three US built widebody airliners to enter commercial operations in the 1970s? One point for each correct answer.
10. Which funk band did The Animals lead singer Eric Burdon join in 1969?
11. In music, a grouping of two or more lines, set off by a space, is called a verse. Which six letter word is the equivalent in poetry?
12. Which infamous "solution" does one associate with the Wannsee Conference?
13. What was Chief engineer Scotty's first name in the TV series Star Trek?
14. Who did Nathuram Godse assassinate?
15. With which sport does one associate 'Gentleman Jim Corbett'?
16. The following are all lyrics from songs with the word 'Fire' somewhere in the song title. Can you name the song? One point for each correct answer.
a. Help me escape from this feeling of insecurity
b. You know that it would be untrue
c. The taste of love is sweet when hearts like ours beat
d. And if the mountain should crumble or disappear into the sea
17. The extinct Dodo bird was native to which island in the Indian ocean?
18. Operation Barbarossa was the codename for the invasion of which country?
19. Name the companies that manufactured each of the following wooden tennis racquets. One point for each correct answer.
a. Maxply Fort
b. Jack Kramer Autograph
c. Challenge No 1
e. Borg Pro
g. Pancho Gonzales Autograph
20. In which 1996 film does the Slim Whitman song 'Indian Love Call' save the planet Earth?
3. Kurt Wallander
4. Five answers. Jack, Stan, Roy, Gus and Lee. ("slip out the back Jack", "make a new plan Stan", don't need to be coy Roy", "hop on the bus Gus", "drop off the key Lee")
6. Quasimodo (the Hunchback of Notre-Dame)
7. Two answers. 'Once Upon A Time In The West' and 'Once Upon A Time In America'.
8. MG sport cars
9. Three answers. Boeing 747, McDonnell Douglas DC-10, Lockheed L-1011 Tristar.
12. "Final Solution" (Die Endlösung) The extermination of the Jewish people (holocaust) during WWII.
14. Mohandas Gandhi
16. Four answers.
a. Relight My Fire (Take That)
b. Light My Fire (The Doors)
c. Ring Of Fire (Johnny Cash)
d. The Unforgettable Fire (U2)
18. Soviet Union (the German invasion of the Soviet Union in WWII)
19. Seven Answers.
20. Mars Attacks