1. Which war was the first war in which jet airplanes fought each other?
2. The so-called Pastry war of 1838 was fought between which two nations?
3. Who succeeded Charles de Gaulle as president of France?
4. Which civilisation built Machu Picchu?
5. Ras Tafari was better known by which name?
6. What was the name of the blind Benedictine monk who allegedly invented Champagne?
7. Which two other countries joined the EEC at the same time as Ireland?
8. Louis Blèriot was the first to do what in a what?
9. Who is the only American President to have served non-consecutive terms in office?
10. Parker and Barrow were the surnames, what were the Christian names?
11. What was the name of the Daily Mirror's wartime comic strip heroine?
12. In which city was John F. Kennedy assassinated?
13. Which British liner was sunk off the Irish coast by a German submarine on 7th May 1915?
14. In which year did the Battle of Agincourt take place?
15. Which battle ended the Wars of the Roses?
16. Which Japanese city was devastated by an earthquake on January 18th, 1995?
17. Founded in 1885, which is Britain's oldest women's magazine?
18. For which event of 1872 is the name of Captain Briggs remembered?
19. In which year did all the following occur:- King George V died, the Crystal Palace was destroyed by fire and the Spanish Civil War began?
20. When Clement Attlee became Prime Minister in 1945, who was the President of the United States?
21. Which 2 countries formed in 1993 as a result of what is known as 'Velvet Divorce'?
1. The Korean war
2. Mexico and France
3. Georges Pompidou
4. The Incas
5. Haile Selassie - before he was crowned in 1930
6. Dom Perignon
7. The United Kingdom and Denmark
8. First to cross the English channel with an aeroplane
9. Grover Cleveland
10. Bonnie and Clyde.
13. The Lusitania
15. Battle Of Bosworth/Bosworth Field
17. The Lady
18. He Was The Captain Of The Marie Celeste
20. Harry S Truman
21. The Czech Republic and Slovakia