This quiz was provided by Eoin O'Neil from Ireland, thanks very much Eoin!
1. Who wrote the teen fantasy novel "Artemis Fowl", was it:
a: J.K Rowling,
b: J.R.R Tolkien,
c: Eoin Colfer or
d: Susan Copper?
2. What is the name of the language of which Hindi and Urdu are a part of?
3. A "Congo eel" is:,
a: An eel found in the Congo,
b: A Salamander found in the Congo,
c: An eel not found in the Congo,
d: A Salamander not found in the Congo
4. One fathom is how many metres?
5. The following quotes are from which famous movies:
a: "Go ahead, make my day"
b: "You talking to me?"
c: "They call me Mister Tibbs!"
d: "Round up the usual suspects"
e: "If you build it, he will come"
f: "Stella! Hey, Stella! "
g: "Here's Johnny!"
6. Sportsman Sachin Tendulkar is best known for participating in which sport?
7. Which of the following people is known as a famous Geologist:
a: G.W Crile,
b: Sir William Crockes,
c: Marie Curie,
d: Baron George Curvier
8. A Scapula is the medical name for which part of the body?
9. How long is a Martian day, is it:
a: 21 hours 15 minutes 16.9 seconds,
b: 22 hours 15 minutes 56.3 seconds,
c: 24 hours 37 minutes 22.6 seconds,
d: 19 hours 15 minutes 28 seconds
10. Staying with astronomy, Mercury orbits the sun at terrific speed. Why? Is it :
a: To protect itself from heat,
b: To avoid being disintegrated,
c: To avoid beign sucked into the Sun's gravitational field,
d: Due to the Sun's gravitational pull
1. c: Eoin Colfer
3. d, a Salamander not found in the Congo
4. 1.8 Metres to the fathom
5. Seven Answers:
a: Sudden impact
b: Taxi driver
c: In the heat of the night
e: Field of dreams
f: A streetcar named Desire
g: The shining
7. d: Baron George Curvier
8. Shoulder blade
9. c: 24 hours 37 minutes 22.6 seconds
10. c: To avoid beign sucked into the Sun's gravitational field,