The following quiz round was submitted by Mai Yun Long from China. Many thanks Mai Yun Long, great job!
1. Who deliberately handled the ball in order to set up the goal for France that deprived the Ireland soccer team of a place in the World Cup in November 2009?
2. Which Beatles song provided the inspiration for Charles Manson and the Family when they went on their murderous rampage in California in 1969?
3. Who led the 900 members of the Peoples Temple cult who committed mass suicide in Georgetown Guyana in South America in 1978?
4. Which criminal was released instead of Jesus Christ by Pontius Pilate?
5. During the Cultural Revolution which leaders son was thrown out of a third floor window by red guards and was paralysed?
6. Who killed Cock Robin?
7. In what countries were the following concentration camps?
8. What was the number of the unit of the Japanese Army based in Harbin responsible for the notorious biological and chemical research facility that carried out many human experiments?
9. Who is the controversial leader of the British National Party?
10. What name is given to the process of attempting to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication?
1. Thierry Henry
2. Helter Skelter
3. Jim Jones
5. Deng Xiaoping
6. I said the SPARROW with my bow and arrow
7. Three Answers
9. Nick Griffin