Pauls Train Quiz 2
1. Which rail station has a record 67 platforms?
2. Who was the famous passenger on 'the sealed train' in 1917?
3. In which cities would one find the following railway stations?
a. Casa Voyageurs
e. Penn Station
f. Gare du Nord
4. On what is Mr. Ratchett, or Cassetti, murdered?
5. In song, who serves on the Danville train?
6. The three worst rail accidents in terms of passenger deaths occured on the following days. Name the countries. (the dates may help your train of thought)
a. Dec 26, 2004
b. June 6, 1981
c. Dec 12, 1917
7. What was 'hobo' singer Lecil Travis Martin's stage name?
8. With a train passing through every 13 seconds during peak hours, which railway station has the most traffic in the world?
9. In a Burt Bacharach song, what "took you away, away from me"?
10. The following words are from which 'train' songs?
a. Train whistle blowing, makes a sleepy noise, underneath the blankets, go all the girls and boys
b. Wrong way on a one way track
c. She sent me a railroad ticket to take me to her lovin arms
d. He takes me to a movie or to a restaurant
e. Pick up my bag, run to the station, railman says you got the wrong location
f. Then it comes to be that soothing light at the end of the tunnel is just a freight train coming your way
g. Down around the corner half a mile from here
h. You know I'm loaded, railroaded, I'm explosive, I'm a locomotive
i. Get your bags together, go bring your good friends too
j. The next stop we make will be England
k. When I was young I spent my summer days playing on the track
l. Look a yonder comin
m. And the sons of Pullman porters and the sons of engineers ride their fathers magic carpets made of steel
1. Grand Central New York
3. Six Answers:
d. St. Petersburg
e. New York
4. On the Orient Express (Murder on the Orient Express)
5. Virgil Caine (From 'The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down) "Virgil Caine is my name and I serve on...."
6. Three Answers:
a. Sri Lanka (circa 2,000 dead) - Result of Boxing Day tsunami.
b. India (between 568 and 800 dead)
c. France (between 540 and 800 dead) - Brakes on troop train failed on mountain slope.
7. Boxcar Willie
8. Clapham Junction
9. Trains and boats and planes
10. Thirteen answers:
a. Morning Town Ride (The Seekers)
b. Runaway Train (Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)
c. Steel Rail Blues (Gordon Lightfoot)
d. Morning Train (Sheena Easton)
e. One After 909 (Beatles)
f. Freight Train Comin (Metallica)
g. Long Train Running (Doobie Brothers)
h. Locomotive (Motorhead)
i. Peace Train (Cat Stevens)
j. Love Train (O'Jays)
k. Big Train from Memphis (John Fogerty)
l. Orange Blossom Special (Johnny Cash)
m. City of New Orleans (Arlo Guthrie)