Pauls Football World Cup Quiz 2
1. Which African country was the first to compete in a Football World Cup?
c. South Africa
2. Which Football World Cup was the first to be broadcast in colour?
3. Which two countries have been runners-up in two consecutive Football World Cup tournaments?
4. Players from which country have been cautioned a record 345 times in Football World Cup matches? (as of 2006)
5. Which seven English players have missed penalties after extra time in Football World Cup matches? One point for each correct answer
6. Why did the best side of the decade, the Austrian 'wunder' team, withdraw from the 1938 Football World Cup?
7. The American Bert Patenaude was the first player to do what in a Football World Cup match?
a. Miss a penalty
b. Get sent off
c. Score a hattrick
8. Which German player appeared in five consecutive Football World Cup tournaments?
9. In a Football World Cup match, who was
a. The youngest player to score a goal for England (1998)
b. The oldest player to score a goal for England (1958)?
10. What would have happened in the 1966 World Cup Final between England and West Germany had the score remained 2-2 after extra time?
1. b. Eygpt (1934)
2. Mexico 1970
3. Holland (1974 and 1978) and West Germany (1982 and 1986)
4. b. Argentina
5. Stuart Pearce, Chris Waddle, David Batty, Paul Ince, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher
6. German 'annexation'
7. c. Score a hattrick
8. Lothar Matthaus (1982-1998)
9. Two answers
a. Michael Owen 18 years 190 days
b. Tom Finney 36 years 64 days
10. Flip of a coin to determine the World Champion