1. What is the popular name for the flowering houseplant Impatiens Walleriana?
2. What would a gardener do with a dibber or dibble?
3. Charles Darwin described this carnivorous plant ? the most wonderful plant in the world?. What is the name of this plant?
4. The love apple is the original name for what?
5. The Death Cap is the most poisonous variety of what?
6. What is the name given to the female reproductive organ of a flower?
7. A Kumquat is a small Japanese variety of what sort of fruit?
8. Why is reindeer Moss so called?
9. Harry Wheatcroft was a renowned breeder of what?
10. What is the name of the 3 leafed clover associated with St Patrick?s day?
11. Which part of a tree can be used to make cork?
12. What is the largest and tallest tree in the world?
13. What general term is given to those trees whose leaves fall in autumn (fall)?
14. Which tissue beneath the bark of trees forms wood?
15. Where in the flowering plant does the male gamete form?
16. Which cereal must be grown in water?
17. Which grain is used to make semolina?
18. Which part of a flower becomes the fruit?
19. Which part of a flowering plant is often used to make oil?
20. What is the name given to the technique of clipping trees and hedges into ornamental shapes?
21. What is another name for the Rowan Tree?
22. What flower is named after the Botanist Dr Leonard Fuchs?
23. What do Yew; Laburnum Seeds & Mistletoe berries have in common?
24. What is the popular name for the Antirrhinum?
25. What is the sacred flower of the Buddhist religion?
26. Which plant takes it's name from the Italian phrase for Beautiful women?
27. Trees that shed their leaves every year are called what?
28. Which liquid does a flower, to attract insects, produce?
29. How can you tell the age of a tree?
1. Busy Lizzie
2. Transplant seedlings and small plants
3. Venus Flytrap
8. Staple winter food for Reindeer?s
12. California Redwood
15. In the pollen grain
21. Mountain Ash
23. They are poisonous
27. Perennial (deciduous)
29. Number of rings