The following connections round was kindly written and donated by Tim Rowley from Leatherhead in the UK.
Many thanks Tim, a great round there.
1. Its capital is Valletta and the largest city is Birkirkara. Where?
2. What body of water lies between Sweden and Estonia?
3. Who sang the song "Stand by Your Man"?
4. What is the name of powerful, warm, and swift current that originates at the tip of Florida and crosses the Atlantic Ocean heavily influencing UK climate?
5. What organ on a fish is used for propulsion?
6. Which Striker signed to Liverpool from Ajax in 2007?
7. According to the Bible whose wife was turned into a pillar of salt when she turned and looked back at Sodom?
8. Who in 1980 successfully stormed the Iranian Embassy to rescue seven hostages?
9. What is the name of the peninsular that encompasses Andorra, Spain and Portugal?
10. What is the connection between the previous nine answers?
1. Malta - Air Malta
2. Baltic Sea - Air Baltic national airline of Latvia
3. Tammy Wynette - TAM national airline of Brazil
4. Gulf Stream - Gulf Air national carrier for Bahrain
5. Fin - Finnair
6. Ryan Babel - Ryanair
7. Lot - LOT national airline of Poland
8. SAS - Scandanvia
9. Iberian - Iberia national airline of Spain
10. Names of airlines