Connections Quiz 60
NOTE: ONLY FOR BRITISH READERS
The following connections round was kindly written and donated by Tim Rowley from Leatherhead in the UK.
Many thanks Tim, another great round.
1. What was the name of the rifle that that was called The Gun that Won the West?
2. What is the common name for the complex process of decoding various symbols for the intention of deriving meaning?
3. What tool does a bricklayer use to help him mix cement and then lay bricks?
4. Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie and Lyndsey Buckingham were all singers with which band?
5. Midlands town on the River Avon with a castle, university and its own racecourse
6. Who was the American actor and singer who starred in the musicals 7 Brides for 7 Brothers and Calamity Jane?
7. What is the name of the baked vegetable pudding traditionally served up with a bacon or ham joint?
8. What was the motor racing circuit that was going to take over the staging of the British Grand Prix from Silverstone before the backers dropped out?
9. He played Ben Hur in the film of the same name
10. What connects the previous ten answers?
1. Winchester (M3)
2. Reading (M4)
3. Trowell (M1 near Nottingham)
4. Fleetwood Mac (Fleet) (M3)
5. Warwick (M40)
6. Howard Keel (Keele) (M6)
7. Pease Pudding (Pease Pottage) (M23)
8. Donington Park (Donington) (M1)
9. Charlton Heston (M4)
10. They are all Motorway Services Stations