The following connections round was very kindly sent in by Alan MacDonald from the UK. Thanks again Alan, great stuff!
Please note that this quiz is only really usable for teams in the UK.
1. Excluding re-elections to the post, who was the UK’s 13th Prime Minister since the outbreak of World War II?
2. Which famous lyricist is also co-founder of the Guinness Book of Hit Singles?
3. Which ex-model and ex-Eastenders actress, who rose to fame in a famous “booze advert”, played Dolly Clothes-peg in TV’s Worzel Gummidge?
4. Which UK Olympic Gold medallist in two consecutive Games also broke the World Decathlon record four times?
5. In 1985, who duetted with Barbara Dickson in the song “I know him so well”, still the best selling record by a female duo?
6. In January 2009, which ‘80s pop star received a 15 months prison sentence on charges of false imprisonment?
7. Which music hall, television and film comedian, who died in 1990, was famous for his funny walks, deep sad voice and rubber faced grimaces?
8. What was the name of Michael J Fox’s character in the “Back to the future” films?
9. Which comedian, who died in 1983, had his own series in which he played amongst others, the characters Lampwick, Mandy and Clarence?
10. What connects all nine answers?
1. GORDON BROWN
2. TIM RICE
3. LORRAINE CHASE
4. DALEY THOMPSON
5. ELAINE PAIGE
6. BOY GEORGE
7. MAX WALL
8. MARTY McFLY
9. DICK EMERY
10. PAPER – brown, rice, chase, “daily”, “page”, boy, wall, Mc”Fly”, & emery