1. What colour snow fell over an area of 1,500 sq. km. in Siberia on Feb 2 2007?
2. The following words are from which song?
"Don't be a naughty Eskimo"
3. Each of the following mean snow in which European language?
4. Who had a hit song in the late 60s with Hazy Shade Of Winter?
5. What is an Alberta Clipper?
6. Which director said "Blondes make the best victims. They are like virgin snow that shows up the bloody footprints"?
7. What are Mukluks?
9. After she eats the poison apple the seven dwarfs, believing her to be dead, place Snow White in what?
10. In which country were the first Winter Olympic Games held in 1924?
11. What is an Ushanka?
12. Can you name some famous sled dog breeds given the following clues?
a. first letter M, last letter E
b. first letter S, last letter D
13. Each of the following all mean what in Europe?
talvi, inverno, zima and tel.
14. Which Canadian female singer had a hit in the USA, Canada and the UK in 1970 with Snow Bird?
"The snow bird sings the song he always sings, and speaks to me of flowers that will bloom again in spring"
15. Which Sir played Richard Lionheart in the prize winning 1968 film The Lion In Winter?
16. Due to the lack of sunlight a dogs nose can fade to brown in the winter. What is this called?
17. Which name is given to the battle that took place in severe winter conditions in the Ardennes between 16 December 1944 and 25 January 1945?
18. Who had a hit song on both sides of the Atlantic in 1969 with Winter World Of Love?
19. Which 'winter' film opens with the following text? "This is a true story. The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 1987"
20. What is the more common name for the legume called Mangetout?
1. a. orange
2. Don't Eat The Yellow Snow
3. Five answers
4. Simon and Garfunkel
5. An extremely cold, fast moving winter storm
6. Alfred Hitchcock
7. A type of Eskimo boots
9. A glass coffin
10. France. Chamonix.
11. Russian fur cap with ear flaps
12. Two answers
13. Winter. Talvi is Finnish, Inverno is Italian, Zima is Czech and Tel is Hungarian for winter
14. Anne Murray
15. Sir Anthony Hopkins
16. Snow nose or hyperpigmentation
17. Battle of the Bulge
18. Engelbert Humperdinck
20. Snow Pea