The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Who manufactured the first production model revolver today in 1836?
2. Born today in 1908, which actor played Henry Higgins in the 1964 film ?My Fair Lady??
3. Which politician, who led the Soviet Union during WWII, died today in 1953?
4. Today in 1850 the Britannia Bridge opened, linking which island with mainland Britain?
5. 60 today (2008), with which band did singer Eddy Grant first find fame?
6. John Belushi passed away today in 1982, what is the first name of his younger brother?
7. Which company made the Spitfire, which had its maiden flight today in 1936?
8. Daffyd Thomas, Andy Pipkin and George Dawes are all characters created by which comedian, who is 34 today (2008)?
9. The phrase ?Iron Curtain? was brought into popular use today in 1946, following its use in a speech by whom?
10. How old is Coronation St. star Malcolm Hebden today (2008)?
1. Samuel Colt
2. Rex Harrison
3. Joseph Stalin
5. The Equals
8. Matt Lucas