The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. The Treaty of Waitangi was signed today in 1860, effectively founding which country?
2. Born on this day in 1933, which late comedian first brought the catch phrase ?Come on Down? to UK TV screens?
3. Arthur Ashe, who died today in 1993, missed out on one Grand Slam title in his career, but which one?
4. The IV Winter Olympic games opened today in 1936 in which country?
5. ?Rock me Amadeus? was a worldwide smash in 1985 for which Austrian singer, who passed away today in 1998?
6. ?Born today in 1911, who was the 40th president of the USA?
7. Queen Elizabeth II succeeded to the throne today on the death of her father, what was his name?
8. ?Together Forever? and ?Never Gonna Give You Up? were US number one hits in the eighties for which singer, who is 42 today (2008)?
9. From which city were the Manchester United returning when their aircraft tragically crashed after a re-fueling stop in Munich today in 1958?
10. How old is actor Patrick McNee today (2008)?
1. New Zealand
2. Leslie Crowther
3. French Open
6. Ronald Regan
7. George VI
8. Rick Astley