The following calendar quiz round was submitted by Mike Parker from the UK. Many thanks again Mike, great job!
Monday night is quiz night at The Cavalier, 67 Russell Lane, London N20 0BB.
1. On this day in 1998, President Clinton appeared on U.S. Television and denied having ?sexual relations? with which former intern?
2. Former Goon, Michael Bentine was born on this day in 1922. Who was the creator and chief writer of the Goons?
3. Oscar winning actor Paul Newman was born this day in 1925. To which actress was he married for over 50 years?
4. Football Manager Jos? Mourinho celebrates his birthday today. Of which club is he the current manager?
5. General Charles Gordon died on this day in 1885. With which African city is his name often associated?
6. The Cullinan diamond is the largest rough gem-quality diamond ever found and was discovered on this day in 1905. In which country?
7. Guitarist Eddie Van Halen celebrates his birthday today. In which country was he born? USA, Netherlands or South Africa?
8. Nicknamed ?The Great One? and widely regarded as the best player in the history of the NHL (National Hockey League), name the Ice Hockey player born today in 1961.
9. Which Commonwealth country?s Official National Day is 26th January, the day also being a public holiday since 1994?
10. Another Commomwealth country celebrates Republic Day on 26th January, celebrating the day in 1950 when its constitution came into force? Name the country.
1. MONICA LEWINSKY
2. SPIKE MILLIGAN
3. JOANNE WOODWARD
4. INTERNAZIONALE (Inter Milan)
6. SOUTH AFRICA
8. WAYNE GRETZKY