1) Born on this day 1898, the German born designer of the first jet fighter, what was his surname?
2) Born on this day 1914, the author of Cider with Rosie, who?
3) Born on this day 1904, Lazlo Loewenstien, the actor whose films include Casablanca, by what name was he better known?
4) Born on this day 1910 the impresario who became Elvis Presley?s manager, who?
5) Born on this day 1943, the musician who had a backing group called the Blue Flames, who?
6) Died on this day 1810, Joseph Montgolfier, for what was he famed?
7) Died on this day 1830 George IV, who succeeded him?
8) On this day 1857, Victoria first awarded what military honour?
9) Dating back some 700 years, On this day 1913 Emily Dawson was appointed the first woman what in Britain?
10) On this day 1959 who became the first Swedish world heavyweight boxing champion?
2) Laurie Lee
3) Peter Lorre
4) Colonel Tom Parker
5) Georgie Fame
7) William VI
8) The Victoria Cross
9) First Female Magistrate
10) Ingmar Johanssen