The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. First proposed today in 1839, in which Oxfordshire town is a rowing regatta held every July?
2. Born today in 1911, which famous American playwright wrote ?Cat on a Hot Tin Roof?, ?Streetcar Named Desire? and ?Night of the Iguana??
3. Nicknamed ?Sunny Jim?, which former prime minister passed away today in 2005?
4. The driving test was introduced into the UK on this day in which decade?
5. Which actor, who is 68 today (2008), played Sonny Corleone in ?The Godfather??
6. Known as ?the fourth man?, which British born Soviet spy died today in 1983?
7. East Pakistan declared independence today and re-named itself as what?
8. Born today in 1948, Steven Tyler is the singer with which rock band?
9. The Israel-Egypt peace treated was signed in Washington DC on this day in 1979, under which US president?
10. How old is Leonard Nimoy today (2008)?
2. Tennessee Williams
3. James Callaghan
4. 1930s (1934)
5. James Caan
6. Anthony Blunt
9. Jimmy Carter