26th May Quiz
The following quiz questions were submitted by Perry Bartlett. Perry runs a quiz night at Floyd's Bar, Cerro Branco, Albufeira in Portugal every Saturday & Wednesday night at 10pm. Many thanks Perry.
1. Guyana became independent today in 1966, on which continent is it found?
2. Al Jolson was born today in 1886, who played him in the 1946 film ?The Jolson Story??
3. Fuel rationing ended on this day, but in what year?
4. Allied forces began evacuating which beach in France on this day in 1940?
5. Who did Michael Jackson marry today in 1994?
6. John Wayne was born today 100 years ago today (2007), what was his birth name?
7. The first Republic of Georgia was established today in 1916, which sea does it have direct access to?
8. The actors union was founded today in 1913, what is it called?
9. The European Community adopted the European flag today in 1986, how many stars are there on the flag?
10. How old is Michael Portillo today (2007)?
1. South America
2. Larry Parks
5. Lisa Marie Presley
6. Marion Morrison
7. Black Sea