The following pub quiz round was supplied by Tessa Young from the UK. Many thanks Tessa, a great job.
1. What invention was based on a game US students played using aluminium pie dishes?
2. What is the fastest land animal?
3. Over what type of food did Edwina Currie resign a ministerial post?
4. According to proverb, what does the hand that rocks the cradle do?
5. What did Maureen Lipman, aka Beattie, encourage us to use in the TV advertising campaign?
6. Who designed the dress that the Princess of Wales got married in?
7. Which adventure novel, filmed many times, features the wicked Milady de Winter?
8. Which sugar is found in milk?
9. On the London underground map, Bakerloo line is what colour ?
10. To which song did the guys finally strip in The Full Monty
11. In the 1984 movie Gremlins, A small boy was given a gremlin by his father, There is a huge responsibility in looking after his gremlin called Gizmo as there are certain rules which must be followed. One is he must be kept away from bright light, what are the other two?
12. Why have some football teams in England got triangular corner flags instead of square flags?
13. What is the collective noun for a group of rhinoceroses? A strike, a blow or a crash?
14. In what profession would you use the acronym "SOCO"?
15. Who was the first footballer to be knighted?
16. They're having so much fun it's illegal." "There's a dozen reasons it won't work and eleven guys who don't care.Is the tagline from which movie?
17. What colour is the outermost ring of an archery target?
18. Who was the last British prime minister not to have a wife?
19. Name the artist and song title from the first line lyrics "I would have given you all of my heart But there's someone who's torn it apart"
20. Which size bottle of champagne is larger, a Jeroboam or a Methuselah?
1. Frisbee - The Frisbie Pie Company (1871?1958) of Bridgeport, Connecticut, made pies that were sold to many New England colleges. Hungry college students soon discovered that the empty pie tins could be tossed and caught, providing endless hours of sport
4. Rule the world
5. The telephone
6. Elizabeth Emanuel
7. The Three Musketeers
10. You can leave your hat on
11. never made wet and never, ever be fed after midnight
12. They have won the FA Cup
13. A Crash
14. Police Work Scene of Crime Officers
15. Sir Stanley Matthews
16. Oceans 11
18. Margaret Thatcher
19. Rod Stewart, The first cut is the deepest
20. A Methuselah is twice the size of a Jeroboam