The following quiz round was sent in by Liam Gleeson who presents his quiz at the Llanyrafon Community Association every Tuesday at 9:30pm. Many thanks Liam, a great collection of questions there!
1. Montreal is in which Canadian province?
2. The aardvark is a mammal native to which continent?
3. What is the capital city of Australia?
4.On which continent are the Dolomite Mountains?
5. Victoria Falls separates Zimbabwe from which other country?
6. What type of music was Fats Waller associated with?
7. What nationality was the composer Shubert?
8. Paul Hewson is the real name for which popular singer?
9. Who composed the operas Macbeth & Falstaff?
10. Which instrument would you be playing using a bottleneck?
11. Who was the first professional footballer to be knighted?
12. Which Chelsea manager was sacked on 12 September 2000?
13. In which decade did Lester Piggott first win the Derby?
14. Kevin Keegan was in charge of which football club when he became England manager?
15. In billiards, what is a Whitechapel?
11. SIR STANLEY MATTHEWS
12. GIANLUCA VIALLI
15. Potting opponents white ball