The following quiz round was sent in by Liam Gleeson who presents his quiz at the Llanyrafon Community Association every Tuesday at 9:30pm. Many thanks Liam, another great collection of questions there!
1. What in Australian slang is a SALVO?
2. What sort of food is Sapsago?
3. From what is the Japanese drink Sake made?
4. What sort of animal is a Saki?
5. On which part of the body would you wear a Bendigo?
6. Who wrote Gullivers Travels?
7. Which famous novel ends with the words ` after all, tomorrow is another day`?
8. What is Sherlock Holmes sidekick Dr Watson`s first name?
9. What nationality is the fictional character `Aladdin`?
10. Which fictional hero was created by Captain W E Johns?
11. What name is given to a smooth thick pulp of vegetables etc obtained by liquidising or blending?
12. What meat was used in a Woolton Pie?
13. Which fleshy edible fungi are found by pigs?
14. Which filled dough, rolled up and baked takes its name from the German for `whirlpool`?
15. What fish is pickled with mustard and dill to provide `gravlax`?
1. Member of the Salvation Army
5. On your HEAD - it`s a hat
6. Jonathan Swift
7. Gone with The Wind