Connections Quiz 39
The following quiz round was submitted by Mike Parker from the UK. Many thanks Mike, great job!
Monday night is quiz night at The Cavalier, 67 Russell Lane, London N20 0BB.
1. Hertford, Jesus and Balliol are all colleges of which British university?
2. Singer Pete Doherty, poet Oscar Wilde and actor John Alford have all served time in which London prison?
3. What was first implemented in Britain by William Pitt the Younger in his budget of December 1798?
4. Which city was named as the European Capital of Culture 2008?
5. At which football club did Gary Lineker start his career?
6. Which BBC newsreader came second in 'I'm a celebrity, get me out of here' in 2004?
7. In which game do two players alternate in placing black and white stones on a 19x19 line ruled board, with the aim of surrounding territory?
8. Located in Venezuela, and at 979m high, what is the name of the world?s highest waterfall?
9. In which film does Elvis Presley play "Vince Everett," an ex-convict working in the music industry?
10. What is the connection between answers 1 to 9?
1. OXFORD (STREET)
2. PENTONVILLE (ROAD)
3. INCOME TAX (PAY ?200)
4. LIVERPOOL (STREET STATION)
5. LEICESTER (SQUARE)
6. JENNIE BOND (STREET)
7. GO (ADVANCE TO GO)
8. ANGEL (ISLINGTON) FALLS
9. (GO TO) JAIL(HOUSE ROCK)
10. Monopoly Board squares