Connections Quiz 40
The following quiz round was submitted by Mike Parker from the UK. Many thanks Mike, great job once again!
Monday night is quiz night at The Cavalier, 67 Russell Lane, London N20 0BB.
1. Which Northern Line London Underground station is situated between Tooting Bec and Colliers Wood?
2. Blenheim, Melba and Golden Russett are all varieties of what fruit?
3. Which store on Regent Street London, opened in 1875, is famous for it?s range of furnishing and dress fabrics jewellery and accessories?
4. Which London Underground line runs between West Ruislip and Epping?
5. Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore own a stake in which football club?
6. By what name is Star Wars: Episode V better known?
7. Which UK national newspaper was first published in 1785 and switched from broadsheet to tabloid size in 2004?
8. ?Dont it always seem to go that you dont know what youve got till its gone,
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot? are lyrics from which Joni Mitchell song?
9. Which cocktail is made up of whiskey (normally rye whiskey), sweet vermouth, ice, and bitters?
10. And the connection is?
1. Tooting Broadway - BROADWAY
2. Apples ? THE BIG APPLE
3. Liberty ? THE STATUE OF LIBERTY
4. Central Line ? CENTRAL PARK
5. Queens Park Rangers ? BOROUGH OF QUEENS
6. The Empire Strikes Back ? THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING
7. The Times ? TIMES SQUARE
8. Big Yellow Taxi ? YELLOW TAXIS
9. A Manhattan ? BOROUGH OF MANHATTAN
10. New York