The following quiz round was submitted by Nick Burns from Kalkan in Turkey. Nick presents his "Kalkan Quiz Nights" at Parc Kalkan on a Tuesday night. Many thanks Nick, a great round.
1. Which 1984 film starred Robin Williams as an Eastern Bloc concert musician who defects in Bloomingdales department store in New York City?
2. What is the Christian name of the Queen Consort of Spain?
3. How is the vegetable Brassica Oleracea (Gemmifera Group) better known?
4. Which alliteratively-named footballer won the 1997-98 Premier League Golden Boot? He won 4 England caps and played for Norwich City (twice), Cambridge United, Manchester United, Coventry City, Millwall, Aston Villa, Leicester City and Celtic.
5. Which composer, born, with the given name of Israel, in Russia 1888, wrote 'God Bless America' and 'There's no business like Showbusiness?
6. Which character was expected to marry Juliet in Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet?
7. Which agreement, signed in March 1957, established the European Economic Community?
8. A small island in North Eastern America, whose name means 'land of many hills' in Senape language, was sold by the Senape indians to Dutch fur traders for 60 guilders in 1626. What name did the Dutch give to their surrounding settlement?
9. Who was the Greek goddess of war, justice, wisdom and many other areas?
10. Which popular poultry dish was believed to have been created at the Russian Merchants Club in the early 20th Century?
And the connection?
1. MOSCOW ON THE HUDSON
3. BRUSSELS SPROUTS
4. DION DUBLIN
5. IRVING BERLIN
7. TREATY OF ROME
8. NEW AMSTERDAM
10. CHICKEN KIEV
Connection: European Capitals