Connections Quiz 64
The following quiz round was submitted by Nick Burns from Kalkan in Turkey. Nick presents his "Kalkan Quiz Nights" at Parc Kalkan on a Tuesday night. Many thanks Nick, a great round.
1. What class of fast sailing ship was the Cutty Sark?
2. Which Yorkshire-born bowler took 19 wickets for England in a 1956 test match against Australia?
3. The body of clerics that convenes to elect a new Pope is known as a college of what?
4. Which 1995 Michael Mann movie starred Al Pacino as Detective Vincent Hanna and Robert De Niro as thief Neil McAuley?
5. Which 2001 piece of US legislation has a name derived from its full title 'Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism'?
6. At which venue was the 2010 Ryder Cup tournament held?
7. What was the callsign of the vertically-challenged main character in the 1986 movie, Top Gun?
8. Which 1973 Elton John hit contains the lyrics: 'She's got electric boots, a mohair suit. You know I read it in a magazine'?
9. Athlete Robbie Brightwell won a relay silver medal at the 1964 Olympics, but his wife went one better and won the 800 metres gold. What was her name?
10. Close to the village of Bushmills, North Antrim, stands a formation of approximately 40,000 basalt columns, the result of an ancient volcanic eruption. How is this area better known?
And the connection?
2. JIM LAKER
5. USA PATRIOT ACT
6. CELTIC MANOR
8. BENNY AND THE JETS
9. ANN PACKER
10. GIANTS CAUSEWAY
Connection: U.S SPORTS TEAMS