Connections Quiz 65
The following quiz round was submitted by Nick Burns from Kalkan in Turkey. Nick presents his "Kalkan Quiz Nights" at Parc Kalkan on a Tuesday night. Many thanks Nick, a great round.
1. Which 1970s/1980s rock band was made up of Gordon Sumner, Andy Summers, Stewart Copeland and, briefly, Henry Padovani?
2. A long-running US TV show, produced between 1994 and 2004, featured a Green, a Buffay, two Gellers, a Tribbiani and a Bing, whose middle name was Muriel. But what was the first name of the latter?
3. Sagittarius serpentarius is the formal name of which sub-Saharan creature?
4. Which band, formed by two ex-Bay City Rollers, had a 1975 Number 1 hit in the UK, Germany and Australia with 'January'?
5. Originally auditioning for the role of Hilda Ogden, which Coronation Street actress plays a barmaid who is believed to have served more than 200,000 portions of her signature dish?
6. Who was shot and killed during an Embassy protest in London's St James' Square in April 1984?
7. Which 1931-born Texan jockey won 11 US Triple Crown races and was ironically crippled in 1991 after a car crash in a Ford Bronco?
8. In 1925, Alfred Roberts, a Lincolnshire grocer, and his wife, Ethel, had their second daughter. How did she become better known?
9. Which 1970s Northern variety show, compered by Colin Crompton, introduced the talents of Cannon & Ball, Paul Daniels and the Grumbleweeds to the world?
10. Willy Loman was the lead character in which Arthur Miller play (1949)?
And the connection?
1. THE POLICE
3. SECRETARY BIRD
5. BETTY DRIVER
6. WPC YVONNE FLETCHER
7. WILLIE SHOEMAKER
8. BARONESS MARGARET THATCHER
9. THE WHEELTAPPERS AND SHUNTERS SOCIAL CLUB
10. DEATH OF A SALESMAN