The following quiz round was submitted by Gladys Williams from the UK. Many thanks Gladys, great job!
1. Born in 1922, which American film director, screenwriter and producer (best known for the Pink Panther series of films) married the actress Julie Andrews in 1969
2. Named after an English scientist, engineer and inventor, what, in the sport of golf is given to a shot that bounces over a water hazard.
3. Produced by Walt Disney, which 1937 movie was the first ever full-length animated motion picture.
4. Which Scottish footballer played 52 times for his country between 1973 and 1982, scoring 11 goals in total. He has since managed the clubs Bristol City (twice), Heart of Midlothian and Stoke City.
5. Raphael Ravenscroft played the prominent saxophone hook on which 1978 single, a UK number 3 hit and US number 2 hit.
6. What is the name of the fictional character created by Martin Caidin for his 1972 novel, 'Cyborg', the characterlater becoming a 1970's television icon.
7. Born in 1274, which Scottish historical figure appeared on Clydesdale Bank £1 banknotes from 1981 to 1989 and since 1990 has appeared on their £20 note.
8. Based on the novel by E.B. White of the same name, in which 1999 Rob Minkoff live-action movie does Michael J. Fox provide the voice of the title character.
9. Which future American President (number 38) was born Leslie Lynch King Jr. in 1913.
10. Which clown character and mascot has adventures with his friends Mayor McCheese, the Hamburglar, Grimace, Birdie the Early Bird, and The Fry Kids.
1. Blake Edwards
2. A Barnes Wallace - the invetor of the Bouncing Bomb
3. Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs
4. Joe Jordan
5. Baker Street - By Gerry Rafferty
6. Steve Austin - The Six Million Dollar Man
7. Robert the Bruce
8. Stuart Little
9. Gerald Ford
10. Ronald McDonald - McDonalds mascot
Connection is British television newsreaders past and present -- Edwards (Huw - BBC), Barnes (Carol - ITN), Snow (Jon - Channel 4 News), Jordan (Darren - BBC), Baker (Richard - BBC), Austin (Mark - ITN), Bruce (Fiona - BBC), Stuart (Moira - BBC), Ford (Anna - BBC & ITN), McDonald (Trevor - ITN)