The following quiz round was submitted by Nick Burns from Kalkan in Turkey. Nick presents his "Kalkan Quiz Nights" at Parc Kalkan on a Tuesday night. Many thanks Nick, a great round.
1. Which Oscar-winning 2009 Kathryn Bigelow film features the work of a three-man US Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal team during the Iraq War?
2. In geology, how is a planar fracture or discontinuity in a volume of rock, across which there has been significant displacement, better known?
3. Which Elvis Presley song, based on the tune of a Civil War ballad, 'Aura Lee', was released in September 1956, two months before the movie of the same name?
4. How did Baroness Marie Christine Agnes Hedwig Ida von Reibnitz become better known when she married into the British Royal Family in 1978?
5. In the hit US TV comedy series 'Sex and the City', how is John James Preston, Carrie's on/off boyfriend/husband, better known?
6. Dactyloscopy is the technical term for the identification of what?
7. Which 1978 film featuring Clint Eastwood as prize-fighting trucker Philo Beddoe, had a theme song performed by country singer Eddie Rabbitt?
8. English football features many local derbies. Tottenham and Arsenal contest the North London derby, Liverpool and Everton the Merseyside derby and Aston Villa and Birmingham City the West Midlands derby. How are the derby matches between Newcastle United and Sunderland known?
9. What structure was bought in 1968 by Missourian entrepreneur Robert McCulloch, allegedly by mistake, and now stands at Lake Havasu City in Arizona?
10. What was the name of the appalling 1987 single by footballers Glenn Hoddle and Chris Waddle, which somehow reached No.12 in the UK charts?
And the connection?
1. THE HURT LOCKER
2. FAULT LINE
3. LOVE ME TENDER
4. PRINCESS MICHAEL OF KENT
5. (MR) BIG
7. EVERY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE
8. TYNE AND WEAR
9. LONDON BRIDGE
10. DIAMOND LIGHTS