1. According to the University of Bologna, what are the two most common sexual fetishes in the world?
2. Author John Wyndam's sci-fi thriller 'The Midwich Cukoo's' has twice been filmed. What was the movie title?
3. How many CCTV's (surveillance cameras) are there in London? circa
c. 500,000 or
4. 'Zy' words. Which words beginning with the letters Zy mean
a. a fertilized ovum
b. hydrogen cyanide
c. the study or practice of fermentation in brewing, wine making or distilling
5. What does a bifurcated penis look like?
6. In which country were more than 5,500 Australian soldiers killed, injured or imprisoned within 24 hours, the bloodiest day in Australian military history?
d. South Africa
7. In which book or film would you find each of the following main characters?
a. an aging Santiago
b. a young and aging Jack Crabb
c. a young and handsome Patrick Bateman
d. an aging Humbert Humbert
e. a young an wealthy Sherman McCoy
f. a young and fertile Offred
g. a young Dickie Greenleaf, born with a silver spoon in his mouth
8. In the Beatles film Yellow Submarine, the rather lost character Jeremy Hillary Boob Ph.d is better known as the what?
9. In pygmalionism, one's sexual orientation is fixed towards
b. short people
c. uneducated people or
d. fictional characters
10. The following is the original title to a world famous classic novel. Complete it with one word.
'Travels into several remote nations of the world, by Lemuel....'
1. Foot and shoe
2. Village of the Damned 1: The 1960 movie Village of the Damned
2: The 1995 remake, Village of the Damned
The title of the book is a reference to the cuckoo bird, which lays its eggs in the nest of other birds in the hopes that they will raise the cuckoo's offspring as their own.
3. c. 500,000
4. Three Answers:
b. Zyklon B
5. Forked. Found in animals such as a kangaroo Bifurcation means the splitting of a main body into two parts.
6. a. France July 19-20 1916, Battle of Fromelles or Battle of Fleurbaix The Battle of Fromelles, sometimes known as the Action at Fromelles or the Battle of Fleurbaix, occurred in France on July 19-20, 1916, during World War I. It was fought as the Battle of the Somme raged, about 80 kilometres (50 miles) to the south. The Battle of Fromelles is significant as it was the first occasion on which the First Australian Imperial Force (AIF) saw action on the Western Front. Because 5,533 Australian soldiers were killed, wounded or taken prisoner in an operation which was a total failure, the Australian War Memorial describes the battle as "the worst 24 hours in Australia's entire history." It was a decisive victory for Germany, and the Australian and British losses were sustained without the Allies gaining any ground. The action, just north of the German-occupied village of Fromelles, 16 km (10 miles) from the city of Lille, was intended partly as a diversion to the larger battle, and also at taking a German salient.
7. Seven Answers
a. The old man and the sea
b. Little big man
c. American Psycho
e. The Bonfires of the Vanities
f. A handmaids tale
g. The talented Mr Ripley
8. Nowhere man Jeremy Hilary Boob Ph.D. is a fictional character in the animated movie Yellow Submarine (1968). He was voiced by Dick Emery. The Beatles, on their way to save Pepperland from the Blue Meanies, encounter Jeremy Hillary Boob, Ph.D., a strange, gopher-like little brown-furred man with a blue face, pink ears and a fluffy, rabbit-like tail. Jeremy lives in the Sea of Nothing (aka Nowhere), speaks in rhyme and describes himself as an "eminent physicist, polyglot classicist, prize-winning botanist, hard-biting satirist, talented pianist, good dentist too". He also owns a mysterious purple and green object that can turn from a typewriter to a tree, to an easel, a piano, and numerous other things. He thinks he can speak English, but isn't sure. The band realizes one of their songs sums Jeremy up well and they sing "Nowhere Man" about him as they cavort with his magic in his nowhere land. However as they prepare to leave, Jeremy realizes how literally empty and lonely his life is and becomes inconsolable. Concerned at seeing the friendly person so upset, the compassionate Ringo offers to take him Somewhere and he gratefully accepts.
9. a. statues Also known as statuophilia.
10. Gulliver (The original title to Gullivers Travels)