The following quiz was kindly donated by Len Sinclair from the UK. Many thanks Len, interesting stuff indeed!
1. In Fawlty Towers what was the name of Manuel's pet hamster, which was really a rat?
2. The 1977 novel, 'The Dead Of Jericho', was the first novel to feature which Detective Inspector?
3. Which American film director had the middle name Blount?
4. Which character, who first appeared in a 1712 pamphlet by John Arbuthnot, is the personification of England?
5. Dido & Aeneas is the only opera by which 17th century English composer, who was organist at both Westminster Abbey and the Chapel Royal?
6. Which famous seafarer was born in 1540?
7. What nickname is shared by a Nationwide football team and an England footballer's wife?
8. Which 1983 Grand National winning horse shares it's name with a lighthouse on Jersey?
9. Which make of rifle was the standard infantry weapon of the US Army from 1873 to 1936?
10. Jacqueline gold is the Chief Exec. of which chain of lingerie shops?
3. CECIL B DE MILLE
4. JOHN BULL
5. (HENRY) PURCELL
6. SIR FRANCIS DRAKE
7. POSH [ Peterborough United & Victoria Beckham]
10. ANN SUMMERS