Obviously Not Quiz 1
1. How long did the Hundred Years War last?
2. Which country makes Panama hats?
3. From which animal do we get catgut?
4. In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5. What is a camel's hair brush made of?
6. The Canary Islands in the Atlantic are named after what animal?
7. What was King George VI's first name?
8. What colour is a purple finch?
9. Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
10. How long did the Thirty Years War last?
11. In which month does Munich?s Oktoberfest take place?
1. 116 years, from 1337 to 1453.
3. Sheep and horses.
4. November. The Russian calendar was 13 days behind ours.
5. Squirrel fur.
6. The Latin name was Insularia Canaria - Island of the Dogs. (Thanks to Pamela for correcting this one)
8. Distinctively crimson.
9. New Zealand.
10. 30 years From 1618 to 1648.