True or False Quiz 1
1. Picasso said ?Art is a truth that lets us recognise a lie??
2. Male wasps have no sting?
3. Zoetrope was the Greek goddess of flowers?
4. Sinn Fein means ?Soldiers of Destiny??
5. A hellebore is a poisonous plant?
6. Utah is nicknamed ?The waterfall state??
7. A manometer measures the pressure of liquids?
8. Tex Avery unsuccessfully fought Joe Louis for the World Heavyweight Boxing championship?
9. Coedine suppresses a cough?
10. US presidents William Henry Harrison and Benjamin Harrison were grandfather and grandson?
11. The capital of North Korea is Pyongyang
12. If writing a letter to an Archdeacon, the envelope would read ?The venerable the Archdeacon of?.?
13. The area of a circle is given by the formula PI x D
14. Mel Gibson was born in Australia
15. The Blue Boy was painted by Thomas Gainsborough
16. John Moores University can be found in Liverpool
17. The official language of the Bahamas is English
18. Princess Sophie of Greece is married to King Juan Carlos of Spain
19. John Stienbeck declined his award for the Nobel Prize in Literature
20. 70?s singer song writing duo Gallagher and Lyle who had a hit with ?I wanna stay with you? were in fact golfers Bernard Gallagher and Sandy Lyle
13. False (PI x r2)
14. False (born in USA then moved to Australia)
19. False (Jean-Paul Satre)