Money Quiz 1
1. What sum of money is denoted by the slang term 'A Pony'?
2. What is Hong Kong's equivalent of the 'FT-SE 100' index?
3. For which then Division One Club did Richard Money make 14 appearances in 1980?
4. In which of Dicken's novels does Mr Micawber say: 'Annual income ?20. Annual expenditure: ?19-19-6d. Result, happiness. Anuual Income ?20. Annual expenditure ?20-0-6d. Result, misery'?
5. What is the unit of currency in Peru?
6. Who presents BBC 2's mid-day financial programme 'Working Lunch?
7. The US gold reserves are held at a military base at Fort Knox. In which US state is Fort Knox?
8. The film 'The Magnificent Seven' was based on the Japanese film 'The Seven Samurai'. Which very well-know western of 1964 was similarly based on the Japanese film 'Yojimbo'?
9. Who or what is a moneywort?
10. Who, in 1979, scored a top 5 hit with 'Money'?
2. Hang Seng
4. David Copperfield
5. Nuevo Sol
6. Adrian Childs
8. Fistful of Dollars (starring Clint Eastwood)
9. A perennial herb
10. Flying Lizzards